Any supplier that has sent Logan Aluminum any of the following will be permanently disqualified as a supplier.
Any supplier that has sent Logan Aluminum any of the following may face disqualification.
- Loads rejected for butane lighters, aerosol cans, air bag canisters, live ammunition, hypodermic needles, flammable liquids or other safety related items found during inspection.
- Any load rejected for unsafe trailer floors.
- Loads with contaminants found inside material before or during the shredding process that interrupts production rates.
- Multiple loads with moisture above 6%.
- Multiple loads rejected for packaging issues.
- Multiple downgraded loads.
- Multiple loads rejected for contamination or moisture.
- Excessive loads requiring a weight tally.
- Multiple loads with incomplete bill of lading information.
Disqualification - Supplier Action
When the supplier is notified of disqualification:
- Supplier should immediately verify source and have any un-delivered or on-site material quarantined. This containment information should be supplied to the Logan Raw Materials group and TAA.
- The source of the disqualified load will be earmarked in the Logan Receiving System to prevent future scheduling.
- Supplier will be subject to a fee for any equipment damages and/or downtime experienced due to the contaminants in the load.
- Supplier should provide a root cause and effective corrective action to Logan Raw Materials and TAA. The attached CAR form is available for use, but supplier-specific CAR forms will be accepted.
- To reinstate a source, a requalification proposal should be submitted to TAA for review. Only after TAA approval of the corrective action and requalification proposal can a source be reinstated for delivery.
- Requalified sources will continue to be monitored and are subject to all standard quality requirements.