Last updated on January 9th, 2023 at 04:34 pm
If an appointment must be cancelled, shippers must notify Logan by calling 270.755.6042, so that appointment time can be available for other deliveries.
Shipments arriving later than 5:00pm (2:30pm for magnesium) may not be unloaded until the next weekday during normal delivery times.
Shipments by Van
- Product must be kept dry. The van must not have holes such that rain water can contaminate the product. Door gaskets must be in place and effective in keeping moisture from contaminating the product.
- All product must be on pallets or have some integrated pallet system. Logan will not remove products from vans using lifting loops.
- Product must be rear loaded such that it can be easily removed by forklift.
- Product must not be placed within 5 feet of the trailer door.
- Trucks MUST remain in line near the truck scale until called for unloading. Trucks MUST not proceed to the unloading area without permission of the Logan unloading personnel.
- Drivers MUST follow all safety rules communicated to them when at the gatehouse. Drivers must wear safety glasses, not sunglasses and ear protection. Drivers MUST stay with their truck.
- Dunnage must not be left at Logan and must leave with the truck.
- The driver must ensure the van is chocked.
- The driver must put the truck ignition key in the lock box located near the loading dock.
- Drivers MUST NOT leave the loading dock area unless accompanied by a Logan employee.
- Any driver behavior deemed inappropriate will result in rejection of the load and the driver being banned from plant site.