All information on this page is subject to change without notice. Failure to provide the following information or to follow procedures may result in significant delay or rejection of the shipment.
Logan Aluminum Driver Expectations for Delivery
PPE Requirements: Safety Glasses and High Visibility Clothing
- Drivers must check in at Truck Processing with correct unload number and paperwork upon arrival.
- Truck drivers will be instructed by Truck Processing Attendants of plant rules and required PPE. After being checked-in drivers will be sent to the truck staging area to wait for unloading.
- Truck drivers will wait at staging area with load secured. Operators will direct drivers to the designated area for unloading.
- Drivers are required to wear proper PPE when out of truck unstrapping load. Minimum required PPE are safety glasses and high visibility vest. Drivers must also be equipped with long pants. (Coveralls are provided if unavailable)
- If driver must get on trailer to unstrap load, safety rails must be attached to trailer. Safety rails are located at Metal Control, Hotmill unloading area, and Tarping areas.
- Forklift operator will not start unloading trailer until all straps and/or chains are rolled up and/or put away.
- While operator is unloading trailer, driver must stand in designated waiting area, which is located beside his truck cab.
When unloading is complete driver will be instructed how to exit to the outbound scales.
Driver Waiting Area
- Deliveries will not be accepted without a proper appointment.
Appointments and an "unload number" can be obtained by calling (270) 755-6367. Directions to the plant can be obtained by calling (270) 755-6700 or by clicking Find Logan.
Delivery times are as follows:
Days Time Monday - Thursday 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM Friday - Sunday 5:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance. The driver MUST have the unload number upon arrival at Logan.
- On time delivery is defined as "appointed delivery time ±1 hour".
- Deliveries will not be accepted outside of delivery hours unless approved in advance by Logan.
- Deliveries of RSI, Prime and other meltables will only be accepted at Gate 2.
- Shippers must call 270-755-6367 if an appointment must be cancelled to make that appointment time available for another delivery. Directions to the plant can be obtained by calling (270) 755-6700.
- If appointment time is missed the truck must wait until on-time deliveries are unloaded.
Documentation and Information Required for All Shipments
Failure to provide the following information may result in significant delay or rejection of the shipment.
- BOL (Bill of Lading) that is clear and readable. Information on the BOL to include:
- The correct PO (Purchase Order) number
- The correct PO "Release" number
- Casting plant name, No blind loads
- Correct piece count
- Correct shipped weight
- COA (Certificate of Analysis) 3 copies. COA must have the following information:
- Analysis for each heat
- Weighted average chemistry for the load
- The "receiver" number assigned at the Logan gatehouse.
- A chemical sample for each heat delivered identified with heat number.
Shipments by Flat Bed Truck
- Ingots must be side loaded such that they can be easily removed from the truck by forklift.
- Metal must be free of mud and gravel.
- The load MUST remain secured until Logan personnel are at the truck for unloading.
- Trucks MUST remain in line near the truck scale until called for unloading. Trucks MUST not proceed to the unloading area without permission of the Logan unloading personnel.
- Drivers MUST follow all safety rules communicated to them when at the gatehouse. Drivers MUST stay with their truck. Drivers may enter the Metal Control office but MUST not enter any production areas.
- Dunnage must not be left at Logan and must leave with the truck.
- Heats must be loaded onto the truck in the same order as listed on the COA sheet.
Shipments by Rail Car
- Notification of rail shipment must be emailed to MarvinWayne.Wells@Logan-Aluminum.com within 24 hours of shipment.
- Scrap ingots or butts greater than 10,000 lbs. must be received and unloaded at Logan Ingot Receiving.
- Required info: copy of BOL and COA sheet.
- Must not be stacked more than one pallet or bundle high in front of door.
- Rail cars must be free of oxidizers such as ammonium nitrate.
- Dunnage not associated with the shipment and securement of the shipped product is unacceptable.
- Heats must be loaded onto the rail car in the same order as listed on the COA sheet.
- Rail Box Car piece/bundle limitations: Piece/Bundle must not exceeded 10,000 lbs (4,536 kg), and not exceed the dimensions (lenght x width x height) 72 in. (183 cm) x 48 in. (122 cm) x 48 in. (122 cm).
- Rail Flat Car piece/bundle limitations: Piece/Bundle must not exceeded 60,000 lbs (27,216 kg), and not exceed the dimensions (lenght x width x height) 300 in. (762 cm) x 72 in. (183 cm) x 30 in. (76 cm).
- Rail Routing: Logan Aluminum, Hwy 431 North, Russellville, KY 42276. CSXT - Memphis Jct - RJCM delivery.
- Click on Ingots and Ingot Butts for more details about Scrap Ingot or Butt form requrements.
Shipments by Covered Van