Alloy and Hardener Shipping & Receiving
All information on this page is subject to change without notice. Failure to provide the following information or to follow procedures may result in significant delay or rejection of the shipment.
- Deliveries will not be accepted without a proper appointment.
Appointments and an "unload number" can be obtained by calling (270) 755-6799. Directions to the plant can be obtained by calling (270) 755-6700 or by clicking Find Logan.
Delivery times are as follows:
Material Days Time (Central Time Zone) All except Magnesium Monday - Friday* 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Magnesium Monday - Friday* 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM None Saturday - Sunday No deliveries
*Except national holidays
Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance. The driver MUST have the unload number upon arrival at Logan.
- On time delivery is defined as "appointed delivery time ±1 hour". However, deliveries will not be accepted after 2:30 PM for Magnesium or after 5:00 PM for other other materials.
- Deliveries will not be accepted outside of delivery hours unless approved in advance by Logan.
- If a delivery will be late (appointment time will be missed) the driver or dispatch must inform Logan of proposed new delivery time by calling (270) 755-6799. If appointment time is missed the truck must wait until on-time deliveries are unloaded. Directions to the plant can be obtained by calling (270) 755-6700 or by clicking Find Logan.
- Deliveries will only be accepted at Gate 2.
- Shippers must call 270-755-6799 if an appointment must be cancelled to make that appointment time available for another delivery.
- Some deliveries may be redirected to the Russellville warehouse depending on current inventory at the Logan plant. The Russellville warehouse is approximately 10 miles from the plant. A redirected truck MUST return to Logan to be weighed out.
- Magnesium shipments arriving later than 2:30 PM M-F may not be unloaded until the next weekday during normal delivery times. Other hardeners arriving later than 5:00 PM M-F may not be unloaded until the next weekday during normal delivery times.
Documentation and Information Required for All Shipments
Failure to provide the following information may result in significant delay or rejection of the shipment.
- BOL (Bill of Lading) that is clear and readable. Information on the BOL to include:
- The correct PO (Purchase Order) number
- Producing plant name, No blind loads. Using the vendor or warehouse name in place of the producing plant is UNACCEPTABLE
- Correct piece count
- Correct shipped weight
- COA (Certificate of Analysis). COA must have the following information:
- Analysis for each heat
- Average chemistry for the load
- The "receiver" number assigned at the Logan gatehouse.
Shipments by Van
- Product must be kept dry. The van must not have holes such that rain water can contaminate the product. Door gaskets must be in place and effective in keeping moisture from contaminating the product.
- All product must be on pallets or have some integrated pallet system. Logan will not remove products from vans using lifting loops.
- Product must be rear loaded such that it can be easily removed by forklift.
- Product must not be placed within 5 feet of the trailer door.
- Trucks MUST remain in line near the truck scale until called for unloading. Trucks MUST not proceed to the unloading area without permission of the Logan unloading personnel.
- Drivers MUST follow all safety rules communicated to them when at the gatehouse. Drivers MUST stay with their truck.
- Dunnage must not be left at Logan and must leave with the truck.
- The driver must ensure the van is chocked.
- The driver must put the truck ignition key in the lock box located on the post at the dock plate.
Shipments by Rail Car
Shipments by Flat Bed
Logan Aluminum Plant Location